Thursday, April 21, 2011

Banana Tootsie Roll Pop

Today, in an inconspicuous cardboard display of Tootsie Roll Pops, on the bottom shelf in a convenience store, an unfamiliar color caught my eye. It was yellow and brown, representing banana.
Banana
I'm not a fan of Tootsie Rolls on their own, but the pops are one of my favorite candies. Grape is the best, chocolate is the worst. 90% of all grape-flavored candy taste like cough medicine, but the grape Tootsie Roll Pop is like sweet sweet Welches grape juice. The chocolate Tootsie Roll Pop is chocolate flavored hard candy (that's not even opaque like real chocolate) covering chocolate flavored taffy. A big chocolate masquerade.
Banana maybe my new favorite. It doesn't taste like pure potassium like some other artificially flavored banana candies. Believe it or not, I would describe it as Indian. A banana chai. It was one of the more complex flavors of candy I have eaten. People on the train were definitely envious of the love affair I was having with this lollipop. Or they were curious about how a yellow and brown thing on a stick could be so tasty.
Apparently there are two other new flavors, pomegranate (will this superfruit stop being trendy?) and green apple (surprised it's not already in the original flavor line up). I suppose I wont jump the gun and say banana is the best, but I'm willing to bet it is.
If you have tried all three new flavors click here to vote for your favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment